Project Engineer/Controls - Columbus
Job Category :
Date Posted :
Barry-Wehmiller Design Group provides engineering and technology services to the world’s leading companies through the efforts of over 800 engineering and technical specialists.
We are focused on providing our professionals with opportunities for leadership and career advancement within a thriving work environment and a unique “people-centric” culture. We offer a robust, centralized learning and development program to improve the career experience for every professional in each of our 30 US locations.
We are currently Project Engineers with controls experience in Columbus, Ohio.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or equivalent technical degree.
- Minimum 3-5 years of project engineering experience with packaging lines, automation, or manufacturing applications.
- Strong pharmaceutical or consumer goods experience and PLC programming experience are required.
- Experience in any of the following industries is highly preferred: Beverage, Brewery, Bakery, Dairy and Pharmaceutical.
- Responsibilities include accountability for all aspects of project execution including line layout engineering, electrical panel design, PLC/HMI programming, vendor/contractor management, equipment procurement, schedule management, project finances, site management and installation support.
- The position requires the ability to simultaneously organize and successfully execute multiple project responsibilities. Candidates need to possess good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management, clients and vendors. Maintaining and growing solid client relationships is a key responsibility.
- Requires outstanding engineering and project management skills, including machinery applications, computer skills (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, PLC and HMI) and excellent analytical, organization and communication skills. Candidates must be proficient at converting information into project documentation, managing integration of packaging automation lines and leading project teams.
- Successful Design Group Project Engineers have leadership skills and experience with a drive to grow and expand local and regional clients.
- 20-40% regional travel required to support installation and start-up activities.
- Relocation assistance may be provided.
Design Group offers a team focused work environment with a competitive salary, performance based incentive pay, and benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, and 401(k) with matching contributions.
To apply for this position, please forward resume and cover letter to Brian.Henderson@bwdesigngroup.com
Design Group is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US.
Hair Sample Drug Screening is part of our employment process.
This organization uses E-Verify.
Design Group is an independent and autonomous operating division within Barry-Wehmiller Companies, Inc., and has the corporate support and financial backing of its $1.6 billion parent company. Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of manufacturing technology and services across a broad spectrum of manufacturing plants.